THIS SUBMISSION CALL IS NOW CLOSED.
KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR OUR NEXT ONE.
Post-apocalyptic military horror.
The end of the world as we know it.
What we want: Invading space aliens, demonic invasion as in Doom, DNA-grafted dinosaurs taking over the planet, manmade viral infections that nearly wipe out humanity, or artificial intelligence like in Terminator… anything you can think of that would bring about the end of the world. And SOLDIERS!
Tell us about what happens during the worst of the fall of humanity or afterwards.
No zombies. That’s already taken care of.
Full action. Nothing less.
Edited by Amanda J Spedding and Geoff Brown
Payment: AUD4c/word and one contributor copy in each format released.
Wordcount range: 2,000 – 10,000 words (query for shorter or longer)
Submissions open February 1 2017.
Closing date is April 30th 2017 (anything submitted outside this period will be deleted without being read or replied to).
No selections will be made until after the period closes.
Projected publication date: Late 2017
We will have some solicited authors alongside the open call, with the first being Jonathan Maberry.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting to us:
- Please put your full contact details on the first page of the manuscript top left, with word count top right.
- Standard submission format, with minimal document formatting.
- Courier or Times New Roman set at 12pt. Italics as they will appear. No underlining.
- Double spaced.
- Please don’t use TAB or space bar to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure or using a program that has no styles, DO NOT indent at all. That’s still cool.
- NO SPACE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required. ONE SPACE after full stops.
- Please put full contact details on the first page of the manuscript (yes, I said this twice… it’s important).
- Send your submission to Geoff Brown at email@example.com as an attachment (.doc/.rtf only)
- In the subject line of your email, please put JudgementDay: [STORY TITLE] (Replace [STORY TITLE] with your actual story title. Yes, unfortunately I do need to state this)
NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
For a guide to standard submission format, see: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
The only variations to this format are that italics MUST appear as they will be used – no underlining – and again, only one space after a full stop.
Anyone that fails to follow these guidelines will likely see their story shredded by zombie mutant creatures.