For this military/sci-fi/horror anthology, we want warriors competing on a futuristic battlefield, fighting against forces threatening humankind, the balance of the galaxies, or life itself.
Think Aliens, Halo, Predator, Starship Troopers, and Terminator.
Have your heroes defending their way of life against inconceivable odds. Take us along for the ride while your future soldiers take the fight to their enemies. Expect casualties!
We want ORIGINAL military-style combat with strong elements of future technology/sci-fi, and we want horror. Give us fear… suspense and tension… we want originality and speculation about future aspects of war.
Most of all we want action, action, ACTION!
We want something jaw-droppingly amazing.
We STRONGLY suggest you read the first, second and/or third SNAFU volume to see what it is we like.
SNAFU – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LNXHLJG
SNAFU: Heroes – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MSVEY2Y
SNAFU: Wolves at the Door – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RQ56AUG
Edited by Geoff Brown and Amanda J Spedding
Payment: AUD4c/word and one contributor copy in each format released
Wordcount range: 2,000 – 10,000 words (query for shorter or longer)
Submissions are open now. Closing date is August 13th, 2015 (anything submitted after this time will be deleted without being read)
Projected publication date: February 2016
Please follow these guidelines when submitting to us:
1. Please put your full contact details on the first page of the manuscript top left, with word count top right.
2. Standard submission format, with minimal document formatting.
3. Courier or Times New Roman set at 12pt. Italics as they will appear. No underlining.
4. Double spaced.
5. Please don’t use TAB or space bar to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure or using a program that has no styles, do not indent at all. That’s still cool.
7. NO SPACE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required. ONE SPACE after full stops.
8. Please put full contact details on the first page of the manuscript (yes, I said this twice… it’s important).
9. Send your submission to Geoff Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment (.doc only – no .docx).
10. In the subject line of your email, please put FutureWarfare: [STORY TITLE]
(Replace [STORY TITLE] with your actual story title. Yes, unfortunately I do need to state this)
NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
For a guide to standard submission format, see: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
The only variations to this format are that italics MUST appear as they will be used – no underlining – and again, only one space after a full stop.
Anyone that fails to follow these guidelines will likely see their story gobbled up by aliens.
Good luck, and see you in the future…