Reprints: No reprints at this moment.
WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR NOVELS FOR THREE IMPRINTS:
1 — Cohesion Press for military horror, military sci-fi, creature-based thrillers with military responses
2 — Asylum Books for non-military action-horror (including supernatural as well as monsters).
2 — SoulBlade Books for action-based grimdark, action-based sword-and-sorcery and other fantasy.
Make sure you submit your manuscript to the correct imprint, using email subject and file name as shown down the page.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE, RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM, BEFORE SUBMITTING.
For us, novels and collections are 60,000 words and above.
We are not looking for anything smaller than this.
Please read the entire page before doing anything.
Then, read it once more.
What we want:
- COHESION PRESS: Military spec-fic thrillers, military sci-fi, or military horror, SHTF, apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic horror (there are too many bad zombie tales out there already, so if you have the shambling (or running) dead in your story, it better be damn good), Biological/Creature horror ie. beasties rising up against man, giant creatures devouring cities etc.
- ASYLUM BOOKS: Non-military action-horror (including supernatural as well as monsters).
- SOULBLADE BOOKS: action-based grimdark, action-based sword-and-sorcery and other fantasy.
Remember: ACTION is important. No romance, no thrillers based on tension, no subtle horror.
We offer industry-standard terms for all formats.
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
Pitches MUST be attached as a doc or rtf file. DO NOT include in the body of the email.
How to format your pitch:
Your pitch should include the following items in this order:
1. Contact information top left. Total wordcount top right.
2. Title and author name centred
3. Full synopsis; around 400-600 words
4. Author bio
5. Any promotion ability you have, such as website, blog, social media etc. We WILL promote your work, but expect you to do the same.
6. The first three chapters or 10,000 words (rounded up or down to complete a scene) in the same document
- Courier, Palatino Linotype, or Times New Roman; 12pt;
italics as they will appear.
No underlining. MINIMAL FORMATTING.
- Double spaced
- DO NOT use tab or spacing to indent lines.
Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure, do not indent at all
- ONE SPACE after periods
- NO LINE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required
- ONLY doc or rtf files. No PDFs. No docx. DO NOT include in the body of the email.
Send submissions to: email@example.com
Subject line should be: name-of-imprint_genre_title_surname
File name should be: name-of-imprint_genre_title_surname
DO NOT PITCH UNFINISHED WORK.
YOU MUST HAVE A COMPLETE NOVEL READY TO SEND IF WE ASK.
PLEASE, NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS.
IF WE ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR WORK WE WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS WE CAN.
We will respond within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of your submission.
We will make contact within 2 weeks – at the most – in regard to whether we want to read your novel.
If you haven’t heard back in three weeks from the date of pitch submission, send us an enquiry via firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of this email should be in the format: pitchenquiry_[author surname]_[title]_[genre].